The purpose of this study is to decide whether vigorous exercise training 4-5 days/week for 2 years in sedentary middle aged men and women (ages 45-64) will improve heart and blood vessel compliance to a degree equivalent to life-long exercisers and the sedentary young.
Did you know?
- Chronic physical inactivity contributes to the deaths of nearly 1 in 10 Americans
- The heart naturally stiffens with age
- Exercise can reduce heart stiffness
- Prolonged Heart Stiffness can result in Heart Disease
- Heart Disease is the #1 Killer of Americans
- Male and female volunteers, age 45-64
- No major health problems
- Sedentary; exercising no more than 3 times a week
- BMI less than 30
Please contact Erin Howden at (214) 345-4624 or IEEMPEPStudy@texashealth.org