(IRB: STU 122010-108)
Given enough exertion everyone gets breathless, but if you don’t regularly exercise or are overweight, then breathlessness with exercise may occur more quickly. This research study investigates the effect of weight loss on breathlessness during exercise in obese individuals.
Participants may receive:
- Body Fat Measurements
- Pulmonary Function Tests
- Compensation for participant’s time
- Weight loss and exercise training program (12 weeks with personal trainer at no cost to you)
Qualifications for this research study are:
- Men and Women 65 to 75 years old
- Mild to Moderately obese or normal weight
- Non-smoker without asthma, diabetes, bronchitis, COPD or uncontrolled hypertension
If you are interested in participating in this research study, please contact Rubria, MSN, RN at 214-345-6574 or RubriaMarines-Price@texashealth.org or Jonathon Stickford, PhD at 214-345-4184 or JonathonStickford@texashealth.org.